»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 08-31-2006, 01:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default S2R1000 Fork Upgrade

Hey everybody,

I'm interested in upgrading the adjustable Showas on my S2R1000. I've installed an Ohlins shock (nice improvement), but can't stomach the $2000-$2500 for R&T forks.

For the adjustable Showas, who makes the best re-valve kits and who does the best job of installing/setting up said kits? (This has probably already been addressed on the DML, but I couldn't find a thread that seems to cover it well.)

Thanks for any help!
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2006, 02:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: S2R1000 Fork Upgrade

Get the Ohlins supersport "kit" internals on the Showa forks you have now.
A man that works with his hands, mind, & heart, is an artist.
Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbo
Hey everybody,

I'm interested in upgrading the adjustable Showas on my S2R1000. I've installed an Ohlins shock (nice improvement), but can't stomach the $2000-$2500 for R&T forks.

For the adjustable Showas, who makes the best re-valve kits and who does the best job of installing/setting up said kits? (This has probably already been addressed on the DML, but I couldn't find a thread that seems to cover it well.)

Thanks for any help!
for about $600 you can remove your forks, send em out and have them rebuilt with full Ohlins kit and sprung for your weight. I did that with my
Showa's on track bike and the difference is amazing! I used DUCSHOP, great price and a one day turn around. Amazing change!
duc_748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 03:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the info.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

You can have a knowledgable shop install RaceTech stuff.

Not sure which shop is the best, it would depend where you live.

I've *heard* that the Ohlins kit is fine for a racebike, but ends up pretty harsh for street use...no FHE.

Penske makes a nice upgrade kit, I believe Thermosman is one of the guys who can install 'em.
Nick<br />'02 S4 -&nbsp; Testa Rossa Scorta - Cherrybomb Cans..FIM ECU..Barnett basket..SBK Velocity Stacks<br />Mag Marchesinis..3X BrakeTech Iron..Brembo 4-pads..RaceTech G/V's..Ohlins 46PRCS<br />C'Cat Bars..Yoyodyne Slave..CRG L/S's and Black Shorties..Zumo550<br />'99 Cagiva Gran Canyon 900 - 16t front sprocket...Euro blinkers...TKC 80's...OEM W heads&nbsp; :P<br />[size=8pt] Captivated by her beauty | I knew it was my lifelong duty | - Mike Ness[/size]<br />[size=8pt]Flight Motorcycle Corp. Hired Gun.[/size]
Speeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc_748
for about $600 you can remove your forks, send em out and have them rebuilt with full Ohlins kit and sprung for your weight. I did that with my
Showa's on track bike and the difference is amazing! I used DUCSHOP, great price and a one day turn around. Amazing change!
For $600 you get the UES ohlins kit. The "full" ohlins cartridge will cost you much closer to $2500, but it is better than the R&T forks for that price...
Old 09-01-2006, 06:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

I have been told by Oncycles (Cyclecat) that Martis will have a catridge kit that is suppos to be better then Ohlins at arround $1K.
desmolvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylbowden
For $600 you get the UES ohlins kit.* The "full" ohlins cartridge will cost you much closer to $2500, but it is better than the R&T forks for that price...
What does "UES" stand for?
Old 09-02-2006, 04:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

Not really sure what it stands for, that's their name, but it's just the valves included in the kit. The "real" kit is a full 25mm superbike cartridge, similar to the traxxion unit, which, BTW, I highly recommend. It's $1k installed and is better than the ohlins R&T forks.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to hingedthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylbowden
Not really sure what it stands for, that's their name, but it's just the valves included in the kit.* The "real" kit is a full 25mm superbike cartridge, similar to the traxxion unit, which, BTW, I highly recommend. It's $1k installed and is better than the ohlins R&T forks.
Traxxion doesn't advertise any cartridge kits for Ducati motorcycles, only Buell. Am I missing something? Why post something up anyway without decent information for follow up.
[glow=red,2,#2]2006 Ducati S2R1000 Monster[/glow]<br /><br />2007 Mazda Speed 6 GT<br />[glow=white,2,#2]2004 VW R32 - Sold[/glow]<br />2006 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4x4
hingedthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement