»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 07-29-2005, 02:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default S2R HID System Pics

I'm pretty new to this board. Just bought my first Ducati from Ducati Seattle. The service is fantastic! Only 200 miles on my new S2R. Done lots of mods on my bike already. I wanted to give this forum my review on the HIDynamic HID system I recently installed.

I bought the H4 hi/low HID 8000K with integrated igniter/ballast system. The bulb is a integrated halogen with HID bulb. I set the low beam to the HID and high beam to the halogen. I own 3 other HID system for my cages. HIDynamics is the BRIGHTEST system I have ever seen. The pictures don't do it justice. The ONLY complaint I have is the color. Its just too WHITE. I wanted more blue. I'm talking with HIDynamics again to see if I can buy another bluer bulb.

Installation is cake. The hardest part is figuring out where to mount the ballast. I ended up putting it sideways on the left side of the fairing next to my tach. (see pic)

icejava is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2005, 02:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: S2R HID System Pics

more pics
Old 07-29-2005, 02:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

Ballast Mount
Old 07-29-2005, 04:34 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to MonsterTodd Send a message via Yahoo to MonsterTodd

Nice, I'd love to hook up an HID on my 749. It's already got projectors!
Old 07-29-2005, 12:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

How much did the HID kit cost you....?

Did it come as a PAIR? If so what did you do with the second set?
Old 07-29-2005, 03:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

The kit I purchased was from http://www.hidynamic.com. I've had alot of experience with HID kits and these are definately the BEST i've had. I bought the motorcycle kit which comes with only 1 set for $139. The system I got was a "special request". I wanted a ballast with integrated igniter. Also, the bulb has both a HID and Halogen. The halogen is only there as a backup for me OR when a cop pulls me over, I'll just switch it over and say "what bright headlights?" [laugh]

Also, I've read many many threads on this board about incompatibility with stock. With the system I bought, its EASY! basically all plug and play to the stock system. NO HACKING UP the light bucket. No length problems with the bulb. Your biggest concern is where to mount the Ballast.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Wow $139 is a pretty good price... Are the cables long enough to mount the ballast behind the oil cooler..?

With the Igniter.. do the lights come on as soon as you switch the Key to the OPEN position..? If so, any problems with the lights flickering OFF to recharge when you hit the starter?

Also did you have to special request the Halogen HI-beam?
Old 07-29-2005, 07:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to 1BADGT4

How about the lighting? I know its brighter but is it ... where its suppose to shine and then some?
1BADGT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 10:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

hey nice bike! i've got a black and tangerine S2R also. a few more mile tho. almost 3000. i'm not sure where you live but if you bought her from ducati of seattle, you must be fairly close. i service mine there and live in kirkland. if you're game i think it'd be kind of neat to get together a ride with a pair of black and tans, let me know.
brianmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 11:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icejava

The kit I purchased was from http://www.hidynamic.com.* I've had alot of experience with HID kits and these are definately the BEST i've had.* I bought the motorcycle kit which comes with only 1 set for $139.* The system I got was a "special request".* I wanted a ballast with integrated igniter.* Also, the bulb has both a HID and Halogen.* The halogen is only there as a backup for me OR when a cop pulls me over, I'll just switch it over and say "what bright headlights?" [laugh]

Also, I've read many many threads on this board about incompatibility with stock.* With the system I bought, its EASY!* basically all plug and play to the stock system.* NO HACKING UP the light bucket.* No length problems with the bulb.* Your biggest concern is where to mount the Ballast.
Nice HID!! I would like to do the same, but I'm not really sure how to go about ordering your "special" kit from hidynamic.com. So what do I need to tell them when I place my order? I'm not really clear on the HID/Halogen bulb... I personally like the "white" look. Thanks

Buzzi
Buzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement