Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Premium Member
    3,294 Posts
    Yep. And thanks.

It's always amusing to park that at a gathering and just listen to the responses. Lots of people really like it, and some just don't get it.

I haven't had a car since 1988; two wheels is how I get around. Although I did have to put it away for 3 months last year when I was in Cleveland, and I'm heading for New England now, so I'll probably have to get a car in a couple months. I don't mind the cold; I rode in Cleveland until early December and temps around 30ºF, but when the roads actually get icy/slushy, that's my limit. Well, the one ride I got in in January in Cleveland, during a brief window of dry roads, was at 19ºF, and I only got about 10 miles in before my fingers made their objections known. But that's technologically solvable.

· Premium Member
    3,294 Posts
    My foot is all healed up and I'm back on two wheels, although not the Monster yet as I'm still waiting on parts. A friend has lent me an old BMW flying brick to keep me on two wheels until mine is on the road again. I hope that happens soon, because I am planning to ride it out to DucStock at the Barber track in Alabama in October, and then from there to New Hampshire, when my new work project is about to start.

PhilB

· Premium Member
    3,294 Posts
    Yes, that was my bike. I plan to roll it over again by the end of the year. I might see if I can get a speedometer place to break into it so I can paint a "2" next to the odometer, and have them put it back together again.

Funny story: last year I was working in Cleveland, so I rode to the Indy GP instead of Laguna Seca. I camped in the grounds near the track. On the last day of the races, my kickstand broke; when I went back to camp, there was nothing around to lean the bike on except one of the garbage cans, so that's what I used. I was in my sleeping bag about 11 pm, and I heard two guys walking by. One said "looks like somebody threw away a Ducati." The other said "looks like it needed it".

So yep, it looks scruffy, but that's because I've been riding it every day, rain or shine, for 18 years, most of that time I haven't had a garage so it gets parked in the street, etc.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…