Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - Battery location WORST setup ever created
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 03:52 PM
caferacermike
Super Moderator

Garage
Don't get all pissy with the machine or the designers when they are doing exactly what they wanted to do with the battery.

You, on the other hand my friend, are trying to shove 7 pounds of shit into a 5 pound bag. Whose fault would that be?

Step back and ask yourself, does this battery do what a battery does? Does my bike start when I press the go button? Do the lights work when asked? Then it is working exactly as designed.

Have you considered using a lug at the solenoid? The heavy battery cable comes down to the solenoid and there is a threaded post there. Have you considered not needing so much crap to enjoy the ride? Honestly, you sound like the type of person that overloads the sockets in your home with piggy back plugs for all your gadgets. Go to any auto parts store, or Tractor Supply, and you can buy a 6" or 12" or 14" cable with eyes on each end. Buy a 1/4"x20 bolt and nut, put one end on your battery and one end use the nut and bolt to huuk up your gadgets. Then insulate it from grounding.

Or leave it all at home and enjoy the ride.

09 Aprilia RS125 plated< NEW info> Now a 144 and back on the road!
06 Paul Smart Sport Classic NFS ever.
08 S4RS Tricolore #081 NFS ever.
The pink Monster has moved away.
97 900SS CR
72 Norton Commando 750
03 KX60 with S4R rear shock,Honda CB350F, Hodaka Ace90, 3x Yam-YGS1, Yam-CS3 200, Vespa small frame, Gilera 106, Puch Sabre, Puch 50 Boy Racer, Benelli 250, Benelli 360, Honda CB350T, and many more.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome