Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum - View Profile: philb

Super Moderator

Visitor Messages

Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7
  1. lenos theodoulou
    04-29-2014 03:48 PM - permalink
    lenos theodoulou
    hello, i need your help. i want to change my ducati st2 gearbox oil not the engine oil. can you explain me how to change it? also if you know thw type of oil i must use. thank you
  2. dewjantim
    09-19-2013 03:19 PM - permalink
    dewjantim
    Phil, perhaps you should contact those people in the AMA who lost their jobs when your new president took over. Many had been racers and long time associates of the AMA. The club was their passion and livelihood, but suddenly, none of that mattered. The AMA had been turned from a club to a Professional Organization. These are the exact words of Mr Dingman .Please note that I did not say anything disrespectful about you or your opinions in any of my posts. I told nothing but the truth and stated that my feelings toward the AMA were my opinion. Maybe we can continue this conversation at a later date...... face to face. Then you can explain to me exactly how wrong and childish I am. Thanks Phil..........
  3. QuietConfidence
    02-28-2012 02:13 PM - permalink
    QuietConfidence
    Thought this was a PM- PM sent
  4. Vintagerider
    02-20-2012 02:07 PM - permalink
    Vintagerider
    Great feature on Ductalk! I hope to have a similar story for mine when that time comes. Except the NH part
  5. morningstar919
    09-03-2011 08:20 PM - permalink
    morningstar919
    Glad to confirm that was yours. No question I'd pick it out in the future from a field of ducs. Great story on the Indy GP. Good to hear the foot has healed, I figure you wouldn't be kept off two wheels for long. Your riding habits place you a man among men in any standing of motorcyclists. Keep riding safe, and keep posting, as I enjoy your viewpoints.
  6. morningstar919
    09-02-2011 09:33 PM - permalink
    morningstar919
    (sorry for the runon, but I got hit with a text limit)
    It wasn't til I got back reading one of your posts when it occurred to me that you're listing 191k, and that the odometers roll at 100k. I'm thinking that this wasn't a coincidence. Was that your bike?

Also, I read your post on your motogp trip and subsequent spill. the confluence of circumstances to put you in that spot to take the wind blast is astounding. hope your recovery is going well.

Regards,
    Bob (morningstar919)
  7. morningstar919
    09-02-2011 09:31 PM - permalink
    morningstar919
    Hi philb,
    Sorry for the direct post intrusion, but I've got a question specifically for you which I don't know is a public post. I'm east coast based and was out to the west coast in July for the MotoGP. My wife and I were wandering Cannery Row on Friday night taking in the sites. We ended up having dinner at the mexi joint on the water as it seemed the most likely candidate and ended up finding the DOC gathering and custom parking out front. So after dinner we did the stroll of the parking lot to admire the rides. At that point it was getting crowded. The tigger bike got plenty of attention, and then down past there was a beat up old red monster which looked like it had been through one war, or perhaps several. There was a gent standing next to me hucking it up at the condition of the bike, but I was checking odometers, curious to see who rides, and the beater had 90k+ on it. So I pointed that out to the guy and the laughter changed to an incredulous silence.
    (con't)

About Me

• About philb
    Biography
    libertarian atheist biker gun nut consultant and all-around nice guy
    Interests
    Reading, art, wine, guns, music appreciation
    Occupation
    Engineering consultant
    Disable Sidebar in Forum view
    Enable
  • Signature
    1993 Ducati M900 Monster "Patina" (236,000 miles, so far) -- 1995 Ducati M900 (wife's bike) -- 1972 Honda CB450 (daughter's bike) -- 1979 Vespa P200 (daughter's scoot) -- 1967 Alfa Romeo GT Jr. (1300cc) -- 1964 Vespa GS160 (160cc 2-stroke) -- 1962 Maicoletta scooter (275cc 2-stroke) -- 1960 Heinkel Tourist 103A1 scooter "Elroy" (175cc 4-stroke)

Statistics

Total Posts
Visitor Messages
General Information
  • Last Activity: Yesterday 11:20 PM
  • Referrals: 2

Friends

Showing Friends 1 to 3 of 3