Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Showcase items About

• · Registered
    0 Posts
    Hi, Trying to decide between Panigale 959 & 2017 monster 1200. I see you have both & post good advice. I'm nearly 50, 6'1 & haven't ridden in 2 yrs. On 959 test rides I can feel my wrists & I'm sure soon my back will tighten. The 1200 feels great but different. I can crack it open & the power delivery isn't too much for me. I find the monster way easier to ride in urban settings. i won't be doing track days & can't afford to lose my license with silly speeds in New Zealand. Heart says 959 cos I've always had 1L sport bikes & 959 look great but head is saying 1200. I just worried that coming from a sport bike background i might get bored with the monster. Any opinions ? Also test rode my dream bike panigale 1299 but found it was horrible under 3500 rpm, & i realised around town I'd only be in 1st gear & it would most likely never see 4, 5, or 6th gear again. Sadly disappointed (albeit did consider a cog swap before coming to my senses). Look forward to seeing your views. Gene

· Registered
    01 Ducati M750, 76 Ducati 900SS, 72 Honda CB350F
    46 Posts
    Sounds like you had quite an adventure! Too bad the weather wasn’t cooperating here in Texas. It’s been rainy off and on for awhile. Hope the Big Easy was a blast! I visited there a very long time ago and remember it was like no other place in the world. Next time you’re near Austin let me know.

Heather AKA MotoGirl :)

· Registered
    55 Posts
    Hi Dar. I see you have an Annatori quick shifter. How do you like it? I installed one and it did not work. I just sent it back to have them check it out. I could not see anything I did wrong. Red to power and black to ground and plug in the injector harness. Thanks, Fred Wood-T1

· Registered
    800 Posts
    No issues, All positive. Not as smooth as the OEM on the Multi and Pani but no complaints.
    It needed some help from tech support to get the app going but all is well.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…