Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Fs: '06 s2r 1000

6K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  65218 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm selling off one of my project bikes, I love it but it's time to thin the herd.
2006 Monster S2R 1000 14.5k miles $6500~ pm me with reasonable offers.
Custom paint on tank and fairings, new professionally epoxy coated fuel tank, Ducati performance seat, frame and swing arm powdercoated gloss black, left engine cover, upper triple and headlight bracket powdercoated satin black
carbon hugger and front fender, tail chop kit, smoke polycarbonate wind screen, smoke LED tail light with integrated turn signals, woodcraft clutch cover, wood craft 3" rise clip ons stainless clutch springs with billet caps, custom 2 into 1 full exhaust system, Intake filter pod system, speedy moto frame slider, Podium adjustable levers, bar end mirrors (also have the right side- not installed), Billet drain plug, Billet filler cap, billet sprocket cover, billet alternator cover plate. Belts replaced and valves serviced in last 7 months. Fluids changed, fuel filter replaced, clear defender tank protector, Billet fuel cap, rear suspension pivots cleaned and lubed, forks serviced, new chain and gears, tapered roller head tube bearing upgrade, battery tender lead installed, recent tire replacement bt016, new battery. I have many of the original parts to go with it as well: stock air box, rear pegs, original seat (starting to split) keyed fuel cap, oversize bar mounts and extenders, and 2 sets of levers. 1 standard key, 1 red key and code card. note- I purchased this bike as a salvage prior to the restore. I have pics from before and during the process. The bike is solid and straight and I have put almost 3k on it since I purchased it early this year. Feel free to pm me about any questions of for more pics of this frame off custom project.
The bike is currently in the SF bay area, but I can ride it down to the LA/Orange county area if purchased for So Cal.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice! Really like the green stripe paint job - very unique. A lot of people don't realize that the 992cc twin-plug air cooled motor in that bike holds its own really close against the S4R from zero to about 80 mph. Good luck with the sale.

#4 ·
The exhaust is one of the only things I got the bike with; I had thought it was an older style leo vince, but it has no manufacturer's logo on it. I didn't want to list it with the wrong brand exhaust so I put it as custom. It sounds great and is way lighter that the stock double can system with the resonator. Thanks for the heads up.

#7 ·
I haven't had to ship a bike yet, but when I was hunting bikes down I was told it was around $600 to ship with a reliable carrier. Probably additional charge for damage insurance, like anything else.

You're welcome to shop around for shipping, it's rainy season out here so I don't forsee the bike selling immediately. I was actually considering keeping it as a commuter and selling off my 696, so I'm in no rush on my end.

Pm me your e mail and we can work something out. I can also send you more pics of the restoration process if you're interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.