Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Audi Officially Announces Ducati Purchase

18K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  teamcurtis 
#1 ·

Audi has officially announced it has acquired Ducati Motor Holding from Investindustrial. Terms of the deal were not announced, though they should be made available April 19 at the annual stockholders meeting for Audi’s parent company, the Volkswagen Group. Previous reports have the price pegged at 860 million euros (US$1.1 billion).

“Ducati is known worldwide as a premium brand among motorcycle manufacturers and has a long tradition of building sporty motorcycles,” says Rupert Stadler, chairman of the board of management of Audi. “It has great expertise in high-performance engines and lightweight construction, and is one of the world’s most profitable motorcycle manufacturers. That makes Ducati an excellent fit for Audi.”

Audi says it will benefit from Ducati’s knowledge of lightweight construction and “the progressive control systems and special combustion chamber process of Ducati engines”.

The transaction still has to get authorization from government authorities.

More: Audi Officially Announces Ducati Purchase on Motorcycle.com

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
Not sure I'm happy about this. Audi makes great stuff, but I don't want them screwing up Ducati.

Dear Audi,

Please let Ducati continue on doing what they do best.

Your Pal,
DM7

Edit: I just read the article. The owner of Audi says at the end of his speech "Ducati remains Ducati". So I think we're good.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#7 ·
As long as they don't start making bikes with 2 different sized headlights . . . [laugh]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.