Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Registered
    3 Posts
    Hey Norm, kits been awhile. How are things in Asheville? VA is beautiful. I have a question for you. On my '02 M750. I put a new counter shaft sprocket on and removed the , I think it was the release cylinder to get access to the front sprocket. I reassembled every thing but now the clutch won't engage. Any ideas. I have been I'll and have not ridden for about a month and some one told me the clutch plates can stick together sometimes after an extended park? Just need some direction. Wife had some friends who just moved close to Asheville might be coming there in the spring.

· Premium Member
    5,012 Posts
    I'm not sure what all they do at 6 months, but 2 valve ducs are about as cheap as they come for maintenence. The most expensive would be valves (if they do that at 6k). If you where closer, I'd show you how to do it. It takes a couple of hours (if you need to change any shims) but is really simple.
    Healthwise, I'm doing fine, thanks for asking. With any luck I'm be in Daytona again this March.
    Norm

· Registered
    3 Posts
    hey man just wanter to say hello been really really busy at work. Getting ready to go get my 6k maint done what does that usually run at a shop.............. how ya been feeling.

· Premium Member
    5,012 Posts
    I'm not very brand loyal, but any of the tractor oils. They don't have the same emisions control so they have better additive packages. Synthetic is best but not as important as most people think. 10-40, 15-50, anything in that general range.

· Premium Member
    5,012 Posts
    My health is making the jungle drum rounds these days?? I'm OK, a few of my organs are thinking about moving on without me but I'm on an every 3 month "watch" and so far, so good.
    Now, back to more fun stuff - those temps are fine, I forget the upper limit, but, as said before, I wouldn't rely on one of those gauges for anything critical. If it gets up another 30-50 degrees, just slow down for awhile.

· Registered
    3 Posts
    when I am really "riding" the temps fluctuate between 205 and 220 is that right and what is the high tolerence. I just don't want to damage my bike. i saw the post about your health is every thing ok? have a great day and thanks for taking the time to give me some advice

· Premium Member
    5,012 Posts
    Health is about the same. Are you referring to the whole rearset or just the foot pegs?
    Norm

· Premium Member
    51 Posts
    Hi Norm hows the health I still have that swing arm and am still wanting these great rear foot pegs you make
    Thanks Bill

· Premium Member
    5,012 Posts
    Oil temp gauges are notoriesly inaccurate. Just watch what range it normally settles into and then look for significant variations.

· Registered
    3 Posts
    I was riding on the parkway today. I am in Lynchburg. hey i have a question maybe you can answer. what is a good oil temp that i should be running at if i am riding a little aggressively? we have friends that live in henderson. Asheville is a great town and I love the parkway going down around grandfather MTN. its awesome.

· Premium Member
    5,012 Posts
    I'm new to this messaging so let me know that you're getting this. I think this is #4 in our writings.
    My son's wife is in the military, not my son. They are in Germany now but she just got her orders to Afganistan - every parents dream.
    I'm near Asheville, NC, if you're ever down this way, stop in. How close to the Parkway are you? What city?
    Norm

· Registered
    3 Posts
    I am in Central VA, where is your son serving? I am a veteran of Desert Shield and storm. I just took the wind screen off of my bike today. want to put on a carbon fiber short rear fender and dual headlights.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…