Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Hiflofiltro oil filter feedback

10K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  utzelu 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Ha anyone used oil filters made by Hiflofiltro (HF153) on his Ducati? It's cheap, easily available here, so I'm thinking if it's good to use it or not.

Thanks,
Dan

#3 ·
Hiflo is actually a knockoff brand of K&N (same part numbers but HF vs KN), and they're fine filters. When you change them, make sure you're cleaning the pre-filter oil ... well... filter =P. (It's a wire mesh in the oil ducts on the bottom of the engine... kind of tough to describe exactly where it is. Hopefully you know what i'm talking about)

#4 ·
The HiFlo 150 is not a knockoff, it is actually the same filter as the K&N.

Eyes Only said:
, make sure you're cleaning the pre-filter oil ... well... filter =P. (It's a wire mesh in the oil ducts on the bottom of the engine... kind of tough to describe exactly where it is. Hopefully you know what i'm talking about)
The oil gauze filter.

There is a list of cross-referenced oil filters for Ducati around the net somewhere. There are several aftermarket options which are excellent. Are you in UK or Europe? Fiamm and Athena are available there and both are OEM makers of the Ducati cartridge.

#9 ·
I've used Hi flo for a few years, good stuff!

#10 ·
Hi all,

And thanks for the feedback. I live in Cyprus/Europe and the Highflo are the cheapest oil filters available. However, I did buy today a K&N filter (KN-153), which was available just for $2 more than the Highflo, just because it has the hex bolt attached. But I'll try the Highflo on the next oil change.

Thanks,
utzelu

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.